Friday, January 15, 2010

Middle sister reporting. :) I really like this idea, because i think so often woment feel like its them against the world when it comes to their health and wellbeing. Even working out with friends its like, oh is she in better shape than me? do i look like an idiot attempting this yoga stretch? how is it possible that there is not a hair out of place or a shortness of breath in this friend running next to me?? So not fair. The same a bit with food - everyone has their own food demon.

My journey has been an unusual one, progressing from very unhealthy and out of shape for my entire youth (reaching the awesome weight of mid to high-200's by 18). Something clicked for me around then (it might have been meeting a woman who had been chubby as a youth but was at that point a lean, healthy 20-something) that it was time to engage in a healthy life. I knew that for me an all or nothing approach would never work (not a diet and discipline kind of girl) so i just started to make baby steps, knowing that if I worked at being healthier every day I could not fail.

And its worked in many regards! I am definitely the turtle in this race. About a dozen years later and i am about 50 pounds lighter - and 100 times healthier. Its a good thing, as martha would say.

So that's my very beginning, and right now is a very good place to start. Keep up the good work ladies.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment