Monday, January 18, 2010

Marmie reports in

Oh, no! She posted it on Facebook! My secret will be out! I'm trying to get fit…. Again. Okay, my doctor says I must do it. And the girls have been on me for nearly a year. Do I care enough to feel hungry once in awhile? Am I willing to feel the pain, literally, as I make my body learn to do sit-ups again? Today, the answer is 'yes!' I walked (with Becca) to the gym and did thirty minutes on the cycle, plus a turn on the fancy abdominal machine and a few arm lifts with some 4-lb. weights. I've been hungry all day, but am reminded that there are people in Haiti who eat one meal a day of rice and beans, and even that is iffy right now. So, it's the beginning of a journey to health for me. Now, I'm accountable to you… and you…. and you….

No comments:

Post a Comment