Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Delish Chicken Recipe- Love it for the Superbowl!

Found this recipe in the most recent Good Housekeeping magazine (thanks again marmy for the subscription!). If you know me, you know that I am NOT a cook. Not in any way. Cooking for me is making a bag of popcorn or microwaving soup. So hear my sincerity when I say, this recipe is EASY. Found all the ingredients at safeway in less than 10 minutes and cost me about about $15(other than the chicken, which I already had). So, without further delay the most DELISH chicken wing (without the wings) recipe to DEVOUR hot and fresh from the oven. (Oh and did I mention it's only 230 cal/serving) HAPPY COOKING!! - Em :)

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound(s) chicken-breast tenders, each cut crosswise in half, then lengthwise in half (I used chicken breast and just sliced it into tender like pieces)

1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper (cayenne)

Salt and pepper

3 tablespoon(s) cayenne pepper sauce

1 tablespoon(s) water

1 tablespoon(s) margarine or butter, melted

1/3 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream

1/4 cup(s) (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese

2 tablespoon(s) light mayonnaise

2 tablespoon(s) fat-free (skim) milk

1/4 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce

Carrot and celery sticks for serving (I added some red and yellow peppers too!)

DIRECTIONS:
Place oven rack 6 inches from source of heat; preheat broiler. (There is a broil setting on the oven...I checked :))
Spray 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Toss chicken with ground red pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place on prepared pan and broil 3 minutes.

Meanwhile, in microwave-safe small bowl, microwave cayenne pepper sauce, water, and margarine on High 10 seconds. Add to chicken in pan and stir to coat. Broil 2 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center.

While chicken is cooking, prepare blue cheese dip: In small bowl, combine sour cream, blue cheese, mayonnaise, milk, and Worcestershire sauce.
Serve chicken with carrot and celery sticks and blue cheese dip.

Here is the link to the recipe for more info: http://preview.tinyurl.com/yceuj6c

No comments:

Post a Comment