Thursday, February 11, 2010

hormones can overcome sickness

This last year it seems we have just been sick sick sick. At least every other week someone has something. It sure makes exercising difficult. I came down with strep throat Friday last week. Because Becca (sister and "training partner") was in town, I went ahead and ran anyway. Oddly, this was the day I ran 25 minutes and felt like I could go another 25. No, I hadn't received any drugs for my sickness yet (I didn't go to the doctor until Saturday). My theory is that I have more energy depending on my monthly hormones. And I was just ending the week of the flow. I started noticing the energy uptick when I was playing sports and way more in tune to my body. There is, for me, a silver lining to the pain. Plus I do celebrate the fact that my body is working the way it is supposed to during this time. It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment