Thursday, February 11, 2010

Are you Raw?

This last weekend I visited my old college roommate, Lori, for the first time in 3 years! (btw, this is waaaay too long!). As we picked up some tea at Tully's and wandered the local farmers market we caught up on old college gossip and as we are both fitness and FOOD lovers, talked about our exercise endeavors and eating habits.

Lori shared with me that she had gone "raw" in 2009. I was surprised because she works out alot and I wouldn't think she could run her October marathon (yeah, she's a marathoner) on just a raw diet of fruits, veggies, nuts etc... But she said it was great! She had to do a lot of prep and was shopping at whole foods multiple times a week, but loved it. To see more on Lori's story, follow her blog, http://runlori.blogspot.com/

Here is a delicious looking website that sells only raw treats called PURE2RAW. MMM... looks SO GOOD. In fact they are running a contest right now to win FREE raw treats on their blog, so check it out!

Another great site for raw that I haven't had a chance to try is... http://paleotreats.com/
Tell me these cacoa treats don't look delish!












Have you gone raw? How did you like it? Do you have any good raw recipes?

-the little sister, em.















No comments:

Post a Comment